TIPS FOR TATTOOS
Before your appointment:
- Get a good night's rest.
- Have a hearty meal an hour or so before.
- Stay hydrated.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, blood-thinners.
- Take care of your personal hygiene.
- Do not wear perfume or cologne.
- Show up on time and be prepared to wait a bit.
- Give yourself time to relax and get into a calm state of mind.
During your appointment:
- Come alone or bring one friend at most if absolutely necessary.
- Dress the part. Wear clothes that will make it easy to access the area you're getting tattooed.
- Be aware that ink can get on your clothes, so make sure not to wear something you care about.
- Focus on your breathing and stay still.
- Don't talk on your phone (please turn off the ringer & text tone).
- Bring snacks.
After your appointment:
- Tip your artist if they have provided excellent service.
- Follow your artist's care instructions EXACTLY.
- Don't pick or scratch your new tattoo. If any scabs develop, leave them alone until they fall off naturally.
- Avoid direct sunlight on the tattoo until healed.
- After your tattoo is healed, always use sun block to protect your skin.